Photo of Main Street after the November 17, 1908 fire. The fire destroyed the business section of the east side of town from Broad Street North. Notice the ditch on the right side. The borough was in the process of installing a town water system just for such an emergency. The water tank was wood and was erected at about the same spot as the present tank on Route 68.